Alumina (ASX:AWC)

Michael Ferraro
MD & CEO
Market Cap (AUD): 4.64B
Sector: Materials
Last Trade (AUD): 1.66 +0.05 (+3.11%)
Tab Bar

1. About

Alumina Limited is a leading Australian resource company with a specific focus on alumina, the feedstock for aluminium smelting. The Company owns 40% of the world’s largest alumina business, Alcoa World Alumina and Chemicals (AWAC) the recognised industry leader. Company’s partner is AWAC is Alcoa, who owns the remaining 60% and manages the day-to-day operations. Alcoa is also the world’s largest alumina producer. This partnership provides investors with a direct investment in the alumina industry.

Alumina Limited is one of Australia’s top 100 companies, delivering strong returns, consistent performance, and ongoing growth. AWAC employs over 5,000 people to mine and refine bauxite, who produce alumina, market the alumina to the world’s aluminium smelters and process a percentage of this alumina to produce aluminium metal. AWAC has a global network of mines, refineries in Australia, the United States, Guinea, Suriname (closed January 2017), Brazil and Spain and also an interest in a smelter in Victoria Australia. AWAC is also has a 25.1% interest in a bauxite mine and alumina refinery joint venture with Ma'aden in Saudi Arabia.

2. Business model

3. Strategy

4. Markets

5. Competition

6. History

7. Team

8. Financials

9. Risk