Alumina Limited (ASX:AWC)

Michael Ferraro
MD & CEO
Market Cap (AUD): 4.93B
Sector: Materials
Last Trade (AUD): 1.74 +0 (+0%)
Tab Bar

1. About

Alumina Limited (ASX:AWC) is a leading Australian resource company with a specific focus on alumina, the feedstock for aluminium smelting. 

Alumina owns owns 40% of the world's largest alumina business, Alcoa World Alumina and Chemicals (AWAC) the recognised industry leader. It's partner - Alcoa, the world's largest alumina producer - owns the remaining 60% and manages the day-to-day operations.

AWAC employs over 5,000 people to mine and refine bauxite, who produce alumina, market the alumina to the world's aluminium smelters and process a percentage of this alumina to produce aluminium metal. 

AWAC has a global network of mines, refineries in Australia, the United States, Guinea, Brazil and Spain, as well as an interest in a smelter in Victoria, Australia. 

AWAC has a 25.1% interest in a bauxite mine and alumina refinery joint venture with Ma'aden in Saudi Arabia.

2. Business model

3. Strategy

4. Markets

5. Competition

6. History

7. Team

8. Financials

9. Risk