Accent Group Limited (ASX:AX1)
Accent Group Limited (ASX:AX1) is the regional leader in the retail and distribution of performance and lifestyle footwear, with over 420 stores across 10 different retail banners and exclusive distribution rights for 10 international brands across Australia and New Zealand. The company's brands include: The Athlete’s Foot, Hype DC, Platypus Shoes, Skechers, Merrell, CAT, Vans, Dr. Martens, Saucony, Timberland, Sperry Top-Sider, Palladium, and Stance.
Every brand that falls under the umbrella of Accent Group delivers its own unique presence to the retail sector:
- The Athlete’s Foot is Australia’s largest retailer of athletic footwear, operating over 130 stores across Australia and New Zealand.
- Hype DC is a retailer of premium, exclusive and limited edition sneakers, curated from the world’s leading brands.
- Platypus is the regions largest multi-branded sneaker destination, offering a wide range of iconic sneaker from around the world.
- Podium Sports is a ninestore chain that operates athletic footwear and apparel clearance stores in outlet malls and DFOs.
- The Skechers brand of lifestyle footwear has experienced rapid growth over the last few years and was recently ranked as one of the largest sports footwear brands in the US.
- Merrell offers a range of performance-driven footwear and apparel that encourages people to unleash their inner adventurer and explore the great outdoors.
- The CAT (Caterpillar) lifestyle and industrial brand is sold in more than 150 countries worldwide and is the most recognisable industrial brand in the world.
- Vans is one of the leading youth lifestyle footwear brands in the world, with worldwide sales approaching $2 billion.
- DrMartens range of footwear was born in 1960, and has transformed from a reliable work boot to a popular representation of rebellion and free-thinking youth culture.
- Saucony is synonymous with high-performance running and walking footwear and apparel, and has become the second largest brand by volume sold through running specialty channels in the US.
- Timberland’s footwear designs are inspired by the company’s rich New England heritage, and feature an incredibly popular range of waterproof boots.
- Sperry Top-Sider holds the title for the original, iconic boat shoe, and has grown into a popular, ocean-inspired, performance-driven brand.
- Palladium features the iconic Pampa boot which was made popular by the grunge and rave scenes of the 90’s, and has since become a fashionable look on a global scale.
- Stance, founded in 2010, is a brand of action-sports socks with cutting edge style.