Highfield Resources Limited (ASX:HFR)
Highfield Resources Limited (ASX:HFR) is a Spanish potash developer. The Company's flagship project is the Muga Project (Muga) which covers an area of some 80km2 in the provinces of Navarra and Aragn.
The location of the company's projects is crucial to their success. The location of the deposits (Muga-Vipasca, Pintanos and Sierra del Perdn) in the Ebro Basin, in the North of Spain, provides the company with some unique competitive advantages.
- The deposits are at a depth relatively shallow suitable for conventional underground mining.
- The proximity to markets and clients, avoiding excessive transportation costs.
- The proximity to markets for by-products, which helps improve the overall potential profitability of the project.
- Access to grid electricity, gas and water.
- Availability of well-qualified labour.
- Existence of an extensive network of roads and motorways, railway freight terminal and sea ports.