Pepper Money Limited (ASX:PPM)
Pepper Money Limited (ASX:PPM) is one of Australia and New Zealands leading non-bank lenders, with solutions spanning residential home loans, asset finance (secured by cars and other similar collateral), small balance commercial real estate-backed loans, as well as loan and broker servicing.
The Company's purpose is to help people succeed across its target customers that are often underserved and undervalued by other industry participants. Pepper Money's success has been driven by investing in the right people and creating the environment to allow them to succeed.
Since writing its first loans in 2001, Pepper Money has originated over $32 billion worth of loans in Australia and New Zealand, and since 2014, has assisted more than 220,000 customers.
Over 20+ years, Pepper Money has invested strongly to build a scaled platform that benefits from its history of loans written or managed. Data driven insights are central to what sets Pepper Money apart. The deep insights collected from 20+ years of customer and transactional data, alongside knowledge transfer from Pepper Global TopCos operations in the UK and Ireland, and other external data sets, have allowed the Company to build competitive advantages such as:
- Focus on underserved customer segments leveraging its market intelligence to uncover and design products for underserved customer segments within existing and new asset classes
- Distribution utilising a multi-channel distribution platform with a focus on providing its distribution networks with a high level of support alongside technology solutions that deliver a strong level of customer service to distributors and the end customer
- Cascading Credit Model a Cascading Credit Model which helps its distribution network offer the most suitable Pepper Money product to customers which leads to a higher probability of a successful application
- Credit expertise a 20-year track record of managing credit risk across Pepper Money originated and serviced loans and supported by a comprehensive risk management framework
- Funding capabilities a diversified funding strategy, leveraging relationships with over 100 different bank and international institutional investors