Sims Limited (ASX:SGM)
Sims Metal Management is the world’s leading publicly listed metal recycler, with operations encompassing the buying, processing and selling of ferrous and non-ferrous recycled metals. The metals recycling operations are geographically diverse, with operations in five continents, including the United States, Australasia, and the United Kingdom. The Company source non-ferrous metals from manufacturers, known as production offcuts, and from generators of electricity, telecommunication service providers, as well as others, who generate obsolete metal.
Sims Metal Management services are customized to maximize each scrap provider’s net scrap revenues. Its services include:
- Fair-market scrap metal prices
- State and federally certified scales
- Accountability and control procedures, including:
- Numbered and dated receipts
- Certified scale tickets
- Checks that reference both the receipt and scale tickets
- Weighing programs—no cost weighing procedures
- Simple techniques to upgrade the value of your material
- Over 100 years of experience in the metal recycling industry
Sims Metal Management is an Australian domiciled corporation, with a primary share listing on the Australian Securities Exchange and ADRs trading in the United States on the OTC Market.