Consolidated Infrastructure Group (JSE:CIL)
Consolidated Infrastructure Group Limited (JSE:CIL) is a decentralised Pan-African infrastructure group focused primarily on the energy and oil and gas sectors. With more than 70% of profit derived outside of South Africa, the group's multi-sector, multi-region approach ensures an attractive risk profile.
Listed on the JSE in 2007, CIG has grown into a diversified engineering infrastructure group operating in four divisions:
- Africa’s leading supplier of high voltage turnkey electrical substations, overhead power lines, renewable energy – wind and solar – and related products
- Completed almost 2 000 projects
- Recognised as the largest high voltage turnkey solutions provider in sub-Saharan Africa constructing 11kV to 765kV substations
Consolidated Building Materials
- Provides crushed stone and rock for the construction industry for application in roads, ready mix, concrete and for stabilisation
- Produces 2,2 million tonnes of aggregate per annum
- Manufactures face, semi-faced and plaster clay bricks and a range of concrete roof tiles for the building sector including developers, contractors and wholesalers
- Produces 15 million roof tiles and 70 – 75 million bricks per annum
Oil & Gas
- Provides full integrated waste management services to the oil and gas industry. This encompasses the collection, recycling and disposal of oil-based waste created during the drilling process
- Largest railway electrification company in South Africa
- Provides transmission lines, substations up to 132 kV as well as installation and maintenance of electrical lines for railway lines
- Provision of railway maintenance services to Gautrain, Transnet, PRASA, private siding owners such as mining houses
The group seeks to invest ahead of trends in order to capitalise fully and quickly on the upside, continually reinvesting capital to fuel growth. The group is actively involved with its assets on a day-to-day basis and offers subsidiary executives and management teams strong strategic, financial and operational support.
The group's Pan-African strategy draws on the experience of local management teams and their abilities to manage the inherent risk of working and investing in Africa.