Clicks Group Limited (JSE:CLS)
Clicks Group (JSE:CLS) is a retail-led healthcare group which is listed in the Food and Drug Retailers sector on the JSE.
Clicks was conceived as a drugstore in 1968 but legislation at the time prevented corporate ownership of pharmacies in South Africa. This meant that Clicks operated as a drugstore without drugs until legislation was changed in 2003 to allow corporate pharmacy ownership, and the first Clicks pharmacy opened in 2004. United Pharmaceutical Distributors (UPD) was acquired by the group in January 2003 to provide the distribution capability for the group’s healthcare strategy.
Clicks, Musica, The Body Shop, GNC and Claire’s are market-leading brands and have a combined footprint of over 880 stores, including 51 in the neighbouring countries of Namibia, Botswana, Swaziland and Lesotho.
- Clicks is South Africa’s leading health and beauty retailer, offering value for money in convenient and appealing locations. Clicks has the largest retail pharmacy chain with over 570 in-store pharmacies.
- The Body Shop sells natural, ethically-produced beauty products and has been operated under a franchise agreement with The Body Shop International since 2001.
- GNC is the largest global specialty health and wellness retailer, and has been operated under an exclusive franchise agreement for southern Africa since 2014.
- Claire's is one of the world’s leading specialty retailers of fashionable jewellery and accessories for young women and girls, and has been operated under an exclusive franchise agreement for southern Africa since 2015.
- Musica is the country’s leading entertainment retail brand and was acquired in 1992.
- UPD is South Africa’s leading full-range pharmaceutical wholesaler and the only one with a national presence.