JSE Limited (JSE:JSE)
JSE Limited (JSE:JSE) is a multi-asset class securities exchange, offering investors deep liquidity across its product range. It provides:
- A primary market – sourcing issuers to list and supporting potential and existing issuers.
- A secondary market - that facilitates trading in: equities; financial derivatives; commodity derivatives; currency derivatives; and interest rate instruments.
- Post-trade services – Through a division responsible for clearing, settlement and assurance.
- Technology services – that support the JSE’s operations; and
- Information services - that includes market data.
It also regulates the primary and secondary markets. The JSE’s risk management structures guard effectively against systemic risk to which the Exchange and investors might otherwise be exposed.
The JSE is licensed to operate under the Financial Markets Act, 19 of 2012.