Liberty Two Degrees Limited (JSE:L2D)
Liberty Two Degrees Limited (JSE:L2D) is an internally managed, precinct focused Real Estate Investment Trust (“REIT”) that co-owns a quality iconic property portfolio of South African assets that are primarily retail focused.
The group is focused on continuously improving the quality of its assets and introducing innovative and unique experiences that attract tenants, shoppers and visitors to its spaces.
Liberty Two Degrees is passionate about operational excellence and staying abreast of property and leisure trends to cater to the ever-changing needs of customers which makes its assets dominant in their precincts.
The group cares about the surrounding communities, society, and minimising its impact on the environment, which it addresses through a number of meaningful and innovative initiatives.
L2D co-owns the following assets:
- Sandton City; Eastgate Complex; and Nelson Mandela Square;
- Sandton Sun Hotel, the InterContinental Sandton Towers and the Garden Court Sandton City;
- Standard Bank Centre offices; and
- Melrose Arch precinct;
- Cape Town: Liberty Promenade Shopping Centre; Century City Offices;
- KwaZulu-Natal: Liberty Centre Head Office and Umhlanga Ridge Office Park; Liberty Midlands Mall; John Ross Eco-Junction Estate; and
- Bloemfontein: Botshabelo Mall
To better position L2D for sustainable growth whilst unlocking shareholder value, L2D was reconstituted as Liberty Two Degrees Limited, a Corporate REIT, with effect from 1 November 2018.